The other day I attended a fabulous event hosted by Wella Professionals at Select Citywalk where we got to meet and interact with Patrick Cameron, one of the world’s most renowned hairdressers. It was a fun couple of hours chatting about hair textures, hair trends, frizz, hairspray tricks and easy quick hairstyles for the lazy girls.
Wella brought the global ambassador-Patrick Cameron to India to educate hair stylists across three cities through grand shows. His most recent appearance was at the Cannes Festival where he worked on a special premier from the movie Trolls starring Justin Timberlake and Anna Kendrick. And now in India he showcased his latest collection MODERN VINTAGE S/S’16 with the art of styling products from the Wella Professionals portfolio. This collection takes the inspiration from the 1960’s because of the past’s influence in fashion today. He has spent the last 25 years in this industry working on heads from all over the world.
Known as a long hair expert, in the bloggers session Patrick Cameron interacted with us and gave easy tips, tricks and solution to various problems of ours. He also showcased step-by-step looks to us who struggle with styling curly or straight hair. He gave demonstration on lazy girl hairstyles, on-the-go hairstyle and many more new tips and tricks, I shared a lot of them live on my Snapchat (Srishsfe) and if you don’t follow me there, do so now so that you don’t miss any of such informative updates in future.
Here are some facts, tips or tricks by the expert himself-
- Wella Luxeoil can be used as a finishing product to add shine to hair
- Ponytails or buns should be proportionate to chin and ear.
- Messy bun is a big YES this season.
- Simple yet messy half ponytail is also in trend.
- Make bobbin pins your best friends and do not hesitate to use them.
- Round up bobbin pin around ponytail to create a bess to pin in the messy bun.
- Back combing increases hair fall is a myth.
- Cover hair sprayed portion with hand to get heat from hands and control frizz.
- Buns and hair padding is the latest trend.
- Multiple braiding can also be included in regular hairdos to add more character.
- Hair colour shade should be according to the skin tone.
It was one of the most inspiring events which provided an opportunity for us to watch this hair magician at work. And I cannot wait to apply these tricks in my daily lifestyle and make my hair look fabulous all the time!