We all know what green tea is and what health benefits it entails but still we fail to make it a regular habit to drink this cup of elixir of good health. I can’t speak on the behalf of the whole population but among all the people I know in my life, green tea fails to become a regular habit and I took an initiative to change that. I keep drinking green tea on and off but post Diwali and the many sweet and fried indulgences, I decided to take up a 7 Day Detox Challenge where I was to drink a cup of green tea every single night after dinner. I took up this challenge with Typhoo Green Teas as they are my favourite brand of teas. I have been an ardent lover of their Moroccan Mint flavour and even made Aman a convert and he also drinks Moroccan Mint green tea regularly.
With a rich history dating back to 1903, Typhoo – Britain’s favourite(and now mine!) for over last 110 years – has a tradition of making the finest teas and infusions. Strong, flavourful & aromatic, our brews indulge enthusiasts the world over.
Green tea contains antioxidants, polyphenols, thiamine, as well as a wide variety of vitamins and minerals. Green tea is definitely good for body:
Perceived health benefits – Health Benefit: Enhances Health, Prevents Cancer, Restricts Blood Cholesterol, Controls High Blood Pressure, Lowers Blood Sugar, Suppresses Aging, Refreshes the Body, Deters Food Poisoning, Prevents and Treats Skin Disease, Stops Cavities, Fights Viruses
Green Tea drinkers have half the risk of fatal heart attacks. Compounds in the tea called flavonoids stop blood platelets from forming clots, much like aspirin does.
Now, let’s talk about the health benefits of each of the flavours I enjoyed during the detox week!
- The Organic Chamomile is soothing floral infusion created from organically grown pure chamomile flowers.
- Naturally caffeine free, this variant is known to be an excellent calmer.
- Soothes at the end of a long tiring day and helps to rest and have a sound sleep.
- After a hectic day, the brew assists to calm and de-stress oneself.
Green Tea Traditional Tulsi
- Typhoo Green Tea Traditional Tulsi is a heady combination of premium green tea leaves with tulsi or holy basil.
- 100% natural tulsi leaves have been blended with carefully selected delicate green tea leaves to supports your well-being.
- Start your day with Typhoo Green Tea Traditional Tulsi and feel fresh all day long.
Green Tea Jasmine
- Typhoo Green Tea Jasmine is a wonderful aromatic combination of premium green teas leaves with Jasmine.
- Naturally fragrant jasmine has been blended with carefully selected delicate green tea leaves to create a calming floral brew that supports your well-being.
- This rejuvenating elixir can be consumed in the afternoon will rejuvenate your body and mind completely.
Green Tea Lemongrass
- Typhoo Green Tea Lemongrass is an exotic fusion of premium green tea leaves with intriguing citrus and lemon flavor.
- Naturally tangy lemongrass has been blended with green tea leaves to create a zesty brew.
- An evening cuppa will leave you feeling calm and refreshed after a long, busy day.
- Typhoo Organic Peppermint is a refreshing infusion of pure peppermint leaves.
- Naturally caffeine free, this classic mint infusion has a deliciously fresh flavor with a slightly spicy aroma to match.
- Peppermint is known as a digestive aid for several centuries.
- It helps in uplifting your mood and can be enjoyed anytime of the day
- Decaf Tea is an alternative for the caffeine sensitive and for the tea lovers who are looking to cut down on caffeine.
- Crafted from premium robust CTC tea by Typhoo’s master blenders, Typhoo Decaf is carefully 99.9% decaffeinated (caffeine free) to preserve the tea’s true tasteand retain most of the flavonoids.
- It is a perfect alternative for the health-conscious and caffeine sensitive consumer, offering naturally occurring tea antioxidants
- The biggest benefit of decaf is that you enjoy your favourite brew, or unwind at the end of a long day, without worrying about overdoing it on caffeine.
- Decaf tea helps in eliminating the unnecessary caffeine content from you routine for a healthier lifestyle.
These seven days helped me flush out toxins from my body, increase the metabolism which had slowed down during the festival season and I felt fresh and lighter. A fast metabolism results in fast fat burn so I have already seen a difference in my tummy size! And even though the seven days of the challenge is over , I am going to continue drinking green tea for life, simply because, a cup a day keeps the fat away!!